Monday, November 17, 2008

It's Different Here: By Night Rose

All I can say is... wow. I have never studied like this. Ever! Sure, I did homework in undergrad.... like the day before! I never set foot into the library though. Nor did I ever, EVER turn down a party, or a date... or the chance to go to Six Flags for Halloween! I have been in the library, nonstop... and when I am not in the library, I am in my old bedroom/converted office at home. What do I do all day long? I am reading torts, contracts, property. I am working on my legal memo, the final draft which is worth 50% of my grade! Finals are just around the corner and they loom large in my mind. With our entire grade based on one exam, the intensity of studying here is unparalleled.

That initial freakout was about a month into school. I am not feeling any better, but I am controlling these emotions by doing what I call my mom's mantra: study, study, study! Did I say I never stepped into a library before law school? Wow.

No comments: